PATIENT RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO:
- Provide accurate and complete information concerning current and past states of health, present complaints, hospitalizations, medications (including over the counter products and dietary supplements), allergies and sensitivities, and any other pertinent health information.
- Understand and/or ask questions about care and services delivered, and about instructions following care and treatment.
- Follow the treatment plan and care instructions or accept accountability if the treatment plan and care instructions are not followed.
- Keep appointments or notify the surgery center if unable to keep an appointment.
- Leave valuables with a family member/representative.
- Be accompanied at discharge by a responsible adult.
- Inform the surgery center staff of a living will, medical power of attorney, or other directive that could affect care.
- Accept personal financial responsibility for any charges not covered by insurance.
- Show respect for other patients and surgery center staff.
- Tell us if there is a problem with care.
* It is the responsibility of a parent or guardian to remain at the surgery center for the duration of a pediatric patient’s stay.
Feedback on Our Services
You may contact any of the following:
- Villages Endoscopy Center at 352-245-7427 or fax number 352-245-2387
- The State Department of Health at 850-245-4444 or Florida Department of Health, 2585 Merchants Row Boulevard, Tallahassee, FL 32399
- Medicare at 1-800-633-4227 or by visiting http://www.medicare.gov/claims-and-appeals/medicare-rights/get-help/ombudsman.html
- Office of Civil Rights at 1-800-368-1019, 1-800-527-7697 (TDD) or by visiting https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf or by mail at U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue, SW, Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, D.C. 20201. Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html
- Covenant Surgical Partners Compliance Help Line at 855-315-0258 or by visiting www.covenantsurgicalcompliance.com
- AAAHC at 1-847-853-6060 or in writing to Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, 5250 Old Orchard Road, Suite 200, Skokie, IL 60077 or via email at www.AAAHC.org.